At Social Fresh we wanted to know more about where digital marketers like you are seeing success. Which social networks, content types, and social ad platforms are providing the best ROI? And, equally important, how are social media marketers investing their time and budget?
We just published the first annual Future of Social Media Marketing Report, with report partners Firebrand Group and Simply Measured, to help answer these questions and many others.
- More social marketers are choosing Instagram over Twitter for future investment
Facebook is still the #1 social network for marketers when it comes to investing money and resources. 76% of digital marketers we surveyed have earmarked a majority of their budget for Facebook.However, Instagram came in second, with 42% of digital marketers surveyed selecting the mobile-first image network.
- Social Marketers will continue to increase the time and resources they spend on creating content.
When we asked social teams what percentage of their day is spent on social marketing tasks, content development was the number one answer, taking up 18.5% of social media teams’ time and resources. This 18.5% is only indicative of time spent on creating the content. This stat does not include the time a team invests in strategy, publishing, and promotion of that content.Content is becoming increasingly important for digital marketing, especially for social media teams. Take a close look at how you are spending time and resources on content. It will be the biggest opportunity for improving your digital marketing efforts moving forward.
- Out of all the tasks (content creation, publishing, strategy etc.), social marketers are most likely to outsource their social advertising:
The vast majority of social marketers are doing some type of social advertising, 90% according to our survey. This is across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Snapchat.However, that task is the most likely to be outsourced, compared to all the social media tasks we surveyed. Only 57% of social marketers, at brands, are doing all their social advertising in house.
- Video content continues to become more and more important for social marketing teams:
46% of social media marketing teams are creating video content at least once a month. It was the third most popular answer when we asked social marketers what content they were creating at least once a month. Creating images was #1 (79%) and creating blog posts was #2 (58%).That’s bigger than I would have guessed before this report. Snapchat and Livestreaming apps may be contributing to that number. Additionally, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are all placing a higher focus on video content. That doesn’t hurt either.
- The biggest social media software need for social marketers is monitoring and analytics software:
Amongst social marketers actively looking for new software, the two most popular types included monitoring/listening solutions (28%) and analytics solutions (24%).Together I would label these as social intelligence solutions. And they account for over half of those seeking out new social software, or 52%.
“Social media is changing so quickly and it is important to constantly be having conversations about what the overall strategy for the brand is. Listen more. The beauty of social media is that you have direct access to your customers/audience and not enough brands take advantage of this.”by Jason Keath .Get more details here: