Best Way To Convert Your Youtube Viewers
YouTube is becoming more important as brands look to expand the use of video as a quality engagement opportunity.Businesses of any size can build the same type of resource.One technique that can help you right away is taking advantage of a simple YouTube feature that most channels ignore.When a new viewer lands on your Youtube page, you can control the video that starts playing right away.
YouTube calls this video placement your channel’s featured content. And you can even target new visitors for your channel for a “Channel Trailer.”This is a powerful default option. Make sure you are using this feature and create tailored content for this specific purpose.A subscriber video is simply a video created to ask first time viewers of your YouTube channel to subscribe to your channel.
This is a huge opportunity for a few reasons:
- More than 50% of your YouTube video views, on average, will come from subscribers
- Subscribers are more likely to see, like, and share your video
- Subscribers are more likely to click links and buy from you
- Subscriber counts drive view counts. And your view count is the #1 metric that everyone looks to, whether they are media, customer, or brands looking for partnerships
- Improved subscriber data in YouTube analytics
- Subscriber videos are a great tool for increasing session time and in turn YouTube search performance (see #5 below)
- Introduce yourself: Say hello to the audience, tell them about yourself and your role in the company. Provide credibility and share why you are on Youtube.
- Identify the audience: Let them know if they belong, if this is the right place for them. Describe the perfect audience for this channel and what their needs are. Connect with them. You’re goal is not to go viral, it’s to find the right audience.
- Call to action: Make a clear request for them to click the subscribe button and tell them why. Give them reasons to subscribe without begging them to subscribe.
- Share a vision: Express your vision for the future of this channel. Sell them on the vision, make them a part of this.
- Restate call to action: Re-ask for them to subscribe and guide them to other relevant videos for them to watch next. Those next videos can pitch products, services, or other calls to action.
These additional videos increase what Youtube calls session time. How much a viewer watches in a row on your channel for multiple videos. Session time is key because it also really helps your videos rank in YouTube search and recommendations. By Jason Keath