Does Changing SEO Agency Affect My Website Google Rankings?
Interesting and Critical Customer Questions and Thoughts from Our Marketing & Sales Campaigns answered by Amod Inamdar.
Answer To Customer Question:
Assuming you have hired an agency for SEO promotion and are looking to change it?
Changing an SEO agency WILL NOT affect your SEO promotion in any way because your results are going to come from campaigns being run on industry leading search engines like Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo. If they change their algorithms or updates – your site SEO can be affected, Your SEO agency needs to ensure guidelines set by these engines are adhered and complied to.
However, you do need to make sure the following things are addressed before signing a contract for SEO in the first place:
A. Shared access to all online profiles/platforms where you have Admin access and the agency has a supervisor or user access. All these logins should be shared with you. Any change should be updated and notified in this doc/spreadsheet. You should be able to change these access info as needed from time to time.
• This is one of the primary grey areas in SEO agreements. If the agency creates and retains access to all your business profiles and you are unaware – it can be misused consciously or unconsciously.
• This can affect your SEO performance if incorrect information is updated on profiles, they are not updated frequently or correction requests are not addressed. This can damage your business brand online. Hence, it is imperative you retain full control of your domain, web hosting, email hosting, social profiles and any platform created for SEO promotion.
B. Ensure Exit/Termination clauses are put up in agreements and they are amicably settled, should issues arise.
• Forewarned is forearmed. Formulate your agreements carefully. Even if you know the agency well or if they your friends, agreements need to be drafted to safeguard your business brand. Also, if issues do arise, try to resolve amicably – do not point to exit clauses or threaten legal action. • Damaging your reputation online is easy – with or without agreement clauses.
C. The is where the Integrity of your SEO Agency is most critical. Invest time to choose the right partner for your SEO campaigns. It makes sense to invest in the right partner for the long term rather than keep changing frequently. Ensure choosing someone who wants to grow with you. Select your partner carefully and for the long term.
• Constant changing of agencies adds to your costs of finding a new agency, re-educating them about your business, understand their thinking and giving time to deliver business results.
• The gains of sticking to the right SEO agency far outweigh quick changes.
Believe that helps!
Share your feedback & queries in comments or email us @ email@example.com