Guidelines to Improve Your Google Content Score
Do you know that every web page indexed by Google has a content quality score that directly influences your page rank? Every page should have a purpose, be trustworthy, offer a diversity of content, and have a functional design that allow users to easily find and focus on the website content elements. If any of these factors are considered low quality, your entire page can earn a low quality score.
To improve your Google content score, follow these guidelines:
- Action taken on your website – Google loves to see people click a button on your website after reading or scanning one of your pages. If they do nothing, then Google assumes your website wasn’t all that interesting. Add ‘Call to Action’ to each of your posts. Webpages with no CTA gather very few leads.
- Bounce rate – A huge bounce rate isn’t something to be proud of. Google doesn’t like it. People search for something and arrive on your website. Then they immediately bounce back to search results. This indicates that they didn’t find what they were looking for. In other words, your website isn’t very relevant to the keywords given for search. CTAs can help guide people to deep clicking or browsing a lot of pages on your website.
- Time spent on your page – People scan webpages, they don’t read word by word. To increase the time user spends on your webpage, avoid clutter. Don’t be afraid of the white space and add as many photos or videos as you can to break down the text. If people see a huge wall of text, they will most likely move on.
- Have a link-worthy site – The more links you have on your website, the better you will rank. Focus on creating relevant links within the text. Instead of having “click here” links, try writing out the name of the destination.
- Traffic – It indicates the number of visits your website receives from search engines. Low figures indicate that an article or page was not optimized properly. So to increase organic traffic, you need to pay attention to search engine optimization.
Keep in mind these metrics that will help you track success in regards to reaching your target audience. Don’t try to analyse your content using just one metric. By examining all the aspects of your content, you will gain a clear and complete picture of your content results.
If you need any help on content marketing or SEO, contact digital marketing company for further guidance.