Ideal Length For Business Content Online
What is the Ideal length for your online business’s content?
Should I really write so much? Almost every one of us has this question on mind while writing any type of online content. We email, update posts on social media or tweet so often; still this common question usually pops up in the mind. So, what is the ideal length for the online content or what should be the character limit for a specific social media post or a blog?
We all know that short and crisp posts always grab the attention. If you want to know what length works best for each of the online platforms, then let’s explore ideal length for different types of online content.
- Facebook: Though the maximum length of a status update is 63206 characters, the ideal length of a status update is only 40 characters. Whereas for video content, 30-45 seconds video length get the highest engagement.
- Twitter: The character limit for a tweet is 140 characters. The ideal length of content is 100 characters without a link whereas video content on Twitter can be up to 30 seconds.
- Google+ headline: ideal length for Google+ headline is less than 60 characters to maximize the readability and appearance of your posts.
- Blog post: The attention span of readers will be only for about 7 minutes and that’s around 1600 words on an average. Furthermore, an ideal headline for your blog post should be of 35 to 65 characters.
- Subject line of an email: Ideal length for the subject line of an email is 28 to 39 characters
- YouTube: Ideal length for YouTube Video is 3 minutes with higher user engagement.
- Ideal width of a paragraph is 40 to 55 characters.
- Ideal length of a domain name is 8 characters.
There is a lot to explore in the digital space. We would like to hear what lengths of different type of online content have worked best for you. If you need any help, you can partner with a content marketing company to drive you further with correct approach. Stay tuned for more interesting blogs.