Struggling With Leads? Understand B2B Buyer Behaviour
B2B buyers continue to evolve and reshape their buying behaviours. They are adapting to new channels as well as technologies to solve critical problems and reach their goals. It will be tougher for B2B marketers to keep pace in both customer acquisition and retention. Generating qualified leads remains a top challenges for B2B marketers. There is a clear shift in the way digital channels are being utilized, which means that brands must adapt and evolve their way of reaching consumers.
Following are B2B buyer behaviour trends, which marketers can’t ignore:
- Risk cognizance – B2B buyers are now relying on content to guide them through the complicated and confusing purchase process. They seek ways to identify and reduce risks.
- Purchases are delayed – Purchases are made by large groups of disparate colleagues with diverse goals and interests. Diverse stakeholders representing different areas of the business have their own agendas, beliefs, and assumptions (sometimes conflicting ones) that makes it hard for the buying group to reach consensus and progress through the purchase.
- Customers engage suppliers relatively late in the purchase process.
- New decision making process – Buying cycles are far longer. An overabundance of information, people, and options has a direct impact on sales cycle length.
- Availability of information – Overwhelmed with too much information and too many options, customers often regret their purchase decision and it harms customer loyalty. This goes against the supplier.
- Help to make informed decision – Customers want to be made smarter in their sales interactions. They want sales reps who can teach them something new and unique.
Let’s take a look at the strategies you need to adopt to generate leads.
- Intensive target audience research – In B2B marketing, you should get more specific and identify key companies and individuals within them that you would like to target. A handful of carefully chosen leads can be much more powerful than a large pool of leads brought in by more generic marketing materials.
- ABM – Account-based marketing is a popular method for bringing in B2B leads.
- Inbound marketing
- Flexibility and adaptability – It is necessary because even the smallest changes in your marketing materials could drive better results.
- Have multiple touch points – This may include emails, calls and other forms of follow up after initial contact.
- Customized digital experience – Get to know your buyer through a set of questions and then provide online business solutions relevant to his needs.
- Personalized messaging – Since proper B2B marketing includes plenty of research into potential clients, you should have a good idea of what companies want to see when vendors reach out to them. This provides the opportunity to cater custom messages with a human touch that will let your company stand out.
- Appropriate channel selection – Distribution is as important as content creation and brand messaging because your marketing materials will never be seen if they are not put on the right channels. That’s why you need to consider where the decision makers for your potential clients are spending their time.
- Offer certain services free of charge – As buyers become more sceptical, offering them basic products or services free will build their confidence and loyalty toward your products.
With these methods, you are well on your way to gaining some valuable leads. The secret is to find a strategy that works! You can connect with Digital marketing agency to devise appropriate strategies for your business.