Content Promotion Strategies to Improve your Website Traffic
A visitor is an opportunity for conversion, which could mean a lead, a customer. But no traffic means no conversion. There is a huge demand for high value content for lead generation. Content marketing generates three times more leads than traditional marketing strategies. That’s why content marketers work so hard at content promotion.
Here are the tips to get more targeted traffic, leads and sales from SEO:
- Find influential people in your niche – Publishing content that appeals to your target customer isn’t enough. You need content that your influencerswant to share with their audience. But to create content that appeals to influencers, you need to find out who they are. Influencer marketing builds brand credibility. Your content is more likely to get shared and linked through this strategy.
- Paid ads – You always have the option of paying for promoting your content on social media. This includes paid Facebook & Twitter ads, sponsored updates and paid ads on LinkedIn and more. You can boost posts so they appear on the ‘news feed’ of your audience’s social media profiles. Paid ads increase website traffic and generate more conversion. It is an excellent strategy for target marketing.
- Create social media groups – You can also consider building your community. This not only involves building your email list, it also covers building your social following on social media. By creating a Facebook or LinkedIn group on your topic, you can invite people to join your group, initiate conversations and share your content. You’ll be welcomed and valued if you truly add value and share your content where necessary.
- Guest blog – Guest blogging is one of the best ways to gain visibility and traffic for your website. When done right, it not only helps promote your site and increase visitors, it also helps with SEO to boost your site’s visibility in unpaid search.
- Cross-promote your offerings – Cross-promotion is a form of marketing whereby customers of one product or service are targeted with a promotion for a related product or service. One of the most effective tools for cross-promotion is a newsletter. Newsletters allow you to market classic products, new product lines and any discounts or promotions to individuals you know are interested in your brand.
- Host contests and promotions – Another way to drive traffic to your site is through contests and special promotions. By requiring individuals to participate in the contest through their social media accounts, you exponentially increase your exposure and reach.
- Link internally – The strength of your link profile can be affected by your internal linking structure. When creating and publishing content, be sure to keep an eye out for opportunities for internal links. This not only helps with SEO, but also results in a better, more useful experience for the user – the cornerstone of increasing traffic to your website.
- Email marketing – It is a great way of customer retention. You can send targeted emails to your customers.
- Make your site responsive – Ensure that your website is accessible and comfortably viewable across a range of devices, including smaller smartphones.
The more you put yourself out there, the easier it will be to build traffic to your site. It’s definitely a lot of work and takes a significant amount of time, but when done well, it’s totally worth it. Your audience is out there, you just have to help them find you.
There could be many more tactics to increase the traffic to your website. You just have to be creative! Which other strategies can get you more traffic? Please write your views in the comments below.