How to Convert One-Time Buyers into Loyal Customers?
The holiday shopping season presents a prime opportunity for retailers to acquire new customers. It’s the time of the year when consumers are eager to shop, and this often leads them to visiting retailers for the first time. The key for retailers is to make sure it’s not their last time. It costs seven times more to obtain a new customer than to keep an existing one. Therefore, the challenge for retailers is to get those first-time holiday customers to come back and purchase again. They should plan a strategy for customer retention.
Here are some of the effective ways to convert holiday shopping buyers to regular customers:
- Create first impression the best one – You may have a lot of things to do and focus on during the Holiday season, but don’t forget about first time shoppers visiting your online store and purchasing from you. So, it is essential to plan and enhance their first impression and experience. Manage to keep a helpful, polite and friendly staff on your online store to make a pleasant first time purchase.
- Nurture the relation with emails – Email is a great way to maintain a communication with the customers. Introduce your brand through email and let them know the benefits of being with your brand through the first email. You can also send testimonial emails containing existing customers’ stories about your brand.
- Exceed expectation of your customer – To retain holiday shoppers, you can offer them discounts. Be proactive with customer service. Track down your customers on social media and ask them to give you a feedback.
- Engage customers with retargeting advertisement – When you consider advertising after the holiday season is over; make sure you design a custom advertisement for the one time shopper. This will allow you to build relationships with the customer outside your website or email list.
- Run a customer loyalty reward program – Such programs allow the store owners to give points to your website visitors once they complete the actions mentioned under the program.
You can certainly use these strategies for the whole year to create a natural bond with the customers. Use holiday season as the experiment time and attract those customers who come only once during the same time.
If you need any help, contact ecommerce website design company which can help you on every front.