How To Promote Event Using Digital Media?
Whether it’s on a small scale or a large scale, onsite or offsite, planning and executing an event is an immensely complex task. Corporate events, which require a high degree of perfection, are especially challenging. Working on a fixed budget and a tight deadline, and at the same time ensuring that only the best quality experience is given to attendees is not easy. Increasing registrations and revenue is always a challenging task for event organisers.
Event promotion is another daunting activity. With so many ways to promote it, from mailed invites to press releases to word-of-mouth, choosing the best option can be really overwhelming. Now marketers can leverage multiple communication channels to promote an event to serve multiple marketing and business objectives.
Here are some of the online marketing tactics:
- Create a landing page for the event on the company website or blog with embedded overview video
- Publish a series of interviews on the company blog with key individuals that have influence on the target topic.
- Develop your communications plan for emails well in advance. Different types of emails will call for different audiences.
- Publish a series of videos and post to YouTube
- Populate the social media profiles that have been registered with keyword optimized content, linking to an event landing page
- Set a dedicated hashtag for your event for all your social media promotion
- Use engaging visuals, videos and animations to draw attention to your tweets promoting the event.
- Leverage your existing marketing activities such as webinars, blogs, live chats etc. to promote your event.
- Create a compelling recap video after the event for future promotions
Promoting an event or conference is an enormous task requiring a good amount of foresight and strategic thinking. With multi-touch points, it is harder for your event to go unnoticed, so be sure to use a variety of channels as suggested.
Looking for professional help for event online promotion? Connect with us.