Marketing Tips to Boost Your Online Sales This Gudi Padwa
Gudi Padwa is considered an auspicious day as it signifies new beginnings. There’s no better way to close out this year, and give your sales a boost for the next year with a festive promotion.
All it takes is a little time and creativity to keep customers excited. Here are some tips for you:
- Make an emotional appeal – Most of the people take decisions emotionally before justifying them rationally. As a result, a successful holiday marketing campaign should be an emotional one. Focus on the feelings that fit the season, including friendship, “home for the holiday”, giving back, gratitude etc.
- Build long term customer relationships – There are plentiful sales opportunities for online retailers during festive seasons. But the brands that win are those, which differentiate themselves and personalize the experience. You can turn this experience into a long term customer relationship.
- Entice customers by displaying attractive products – E-commerce websites need to display visually appealing products for the festive season that will influence the customer to buy them from you
- Build a sense of urgency – Building a sense of urgency on your landing pages is a highly effective way to push hesitant prospects and convert them. This is done through countdown timers that tell customers exactly how much time they have left to take advantage of a time-sensitive offer or banners promoting specific offers, such as free shipping and discounts.
- Surprise your customers – The element of surprise can be powerful in marketing. You can use scratch cards, ‘peel it’ offers and other interactive experiences to your online store. This can fun and engaging surprise for your customers and they will be more likely to stay longer on your online store
- Focus on technical issues – Pay attention to technical aspects of your website such as speed, security, mobile optimization etc. Since online sales boom during festivals, site security is important to boost customer confidence.
Getting ready for the festive season is not so hard. Just stay focused and organised! With these practical tips, you will have profitable, stress-free holiday season.