Top Tips To Write An Engaging Email
How many emails do you get every day? Do you open each and every email that you get? Well, most of us have inbox featuring a huge list of unread mails. Almost 2 to 3 hundred of billion emails are sent every day. We might be getting a tiny fraction of this huge number, but still we don’t have time to open and read that tiny fraction even. Emails that grab our attention are read generally. This makes it really hard for businesses to plan their email marketing strategy. The real question is how to grab attention of users and make them open and read your email?
Here are some tips that will help write an engaging email:
- Effective subject line: this is the gateway that makes users interested to open your email in the first place. Keeping it short, crisp and sweet is essential; however, try to avoid using obvious spam trigger keywords. Use actionable language. Personalize it when possible and prioritize clarity.
- Use the second person: Your email copy needs to be towards the reader and for the reader. Rather than positioning your email telling them “what I can do”, focus on what they can do. Using you, your, yours, can help motivate the reader to read your emails and keep them interested in your emails.
- Explain the benefits: most of the marketing emails inform the clients about the features of a product or service. However, rather than just telling them the features, you need to explain how a product or service will benefit them. Clients will really be interested in knowing what will help them.
- Create emails that will get easily browsed. Use bullet points, make use of bold font for key messages and finally, keep the emails brief. Use actionable language in your CTAs.
- Segment your email list: there is no point in sending every email to every contact. Rather recognize the purpose of each email and connect them with the appropriate email sequence. This will increase your chances of a better “open rate.” So, it’s better to segment the email list and send emails accordingly. Also, review the stats to see how your conversion rate is progressing. This will help tweak your lists wherever needed.
All above mentioned tips will help create engaging emails. Connect with a professional digital marketing company to devise email marketing strategy for your business could be a smart move. Get started now!